Flu prevention for event organisers, contractors & attendees
“The events industry globally has seen thousands of events cancelled or postponed, from exhibitions to the Olympics. Our hearts go out to everyone affected by Covid-19.”
Chloe Bucknell, Managing Director at Engage Exhibitions
Remember: bacteria & viruses lurk everywhere! Follow these tips on how to minimise your chances of catching something whilst working or attending an event…
Flu and other illnesses can spread easily at events and mass gatherings, such as conferences, sporting events and trade shows. People travelling to and from such events can also spread illnesses to other communities and family members when they get home.
- Do wash your hands frequently. Always wash your hands after using the restroom, preparing or eating food, coughing, sneezing or using tissues, contact with animals, before and after caring for another person
- Do provide disposable gloves for employees and/or customers
- Do provide tissues and dispose of them immediately after use
- Do provide hand sanitiser for your staff and booth visitors
- Do encourage fist or elbow bumps instead of handshakes
- Do wipe down surfaces throughout the day with disinfection solutions with at least 70% alcohol
- Monitor travel advisories and health statistics by local health authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Do not attend events or gatherings if you are sick
- Do not share cups, drinks or food
- Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth
- Do not drink from public water fountain
- Do not reuse cups or water bottles without washing and sanitising them.
Visit Engage Exhibitions on Facebook for more helpful tips from the trade show floor.